Making a complaint

In the unlikely event that you need to make a complaint, please follow our step-by-step guide to our complaints procedure, below, to help resolve your issue quickly and efficiently.

You can also access the Complaint Handling Regulations here

Step 1 – Contact us

Contact our customer service team, [number], open from 8.30am to 5:30pm Monday to Friday, where you can talk to people who are ready to help and answer any question you have.

When you telephone us with a problem, our adviser will attempt to resolve matters with you while you are on the call. If we can’t sort out your problem straight away, we’ll aim to get back to you within 10 working days.

If you prefer, you can write to us with your problem by e-mail or post as follows:

Ebico Living
c/o Octopus Energy Limited
One Colton Square

Please include your name, account number and/or full address so we can contact you back. We may try to contact you by telephone to help with this resolution. Other parties may be contacted to resolve your complaint, for example Octopus Energy, our supply partner.

Step 2 – If you are still not happy

We’ll talk to you about how we can work together to sort it out. You can also ask us to undertake an internal review of how we’re handling your complaint. We’ll work hard to try and get a result that you’re happy with – but if you’re not, we’ll look into things again and you’ll receive what is called a ‘Final Response’. This means that we haven’t been able to resolve things for you. In the letter, we’ll recap what’s happened and what we have suggested – and give you contact details for the Energy Ombudsman.

To resolve your complaint we will:

  • Give you an explanation about what went wrong.
  • Put things right quickly.
  • Apologise if we’ve made a mistake.

Offer compensation (if it’s appropriate). As we are not for profit company we are different to other energy providers and will only pay compensation where financial harm has been caused by us

Step 3 – Free independent advice

It’s easy to get independent advice about your energy supply. The Citizens Advice consumer service gives free, confidential and impartial advice. You can get in touch with them for advice at anytime during the complaints process.


Or call the Citizens Advice consumer helpline 03454 04 05 06 (textphone 18001 03454 04 05 06) or submit a query online.

You can also contact Resolver and they will help you with your complaint. Their website is

Step 4 – Ombudsman Services: Energy

If you haven’t received a satisfactory response from us after 8 weeks have passed since you first registered your complaint, you can contact the Ombudsman Services: Energy. You may be referred back to us if you haven’t escalated your complaint via our formal complaints process outlined in steps 1 and 2.

The Ombudsman Services: Energy will carry out a free independent investigation on your behalf. As part of resolving your complaint the Ombudsman Services: Energy may ask us to make an apology or give an explanation. They can also ask us to take remedial action and may require us to award compensation. Any decision the Ombudsman Services: Energy makes will be binding on our company, but not on you, so you can seek further advice if you wish to.

Here’s how to contact the Ombudsman Services: Energy:

Phone: 0330 440 1624
Textphone: 0330 0440 1600
Fax: 0300 440 1625
Post: Ombudsman Service: Energy, PO Box 966, Warrington WA4 9DF