The Warm Home Discount (WHD) is a government scheme aimed at helping energy customers affected by fuel poverty in Great Britain, by providing £140 credit to their electricity account.
Our supply partner Octopus Energy provides Warm Homes discount to both Core and Broader Group of customers.
Below is information about both Core and Broader Group WHD criteria and how to claim the Warm Home Discount from us.
The Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) will provide us with the details of eligible customers and we will automatically provide you with the £140 credit on your account. You do not need to contact us.
Eligibility criteria to qualify:
Your electricity must be supplied by us on or before 4 July 2021 and you or your partner’s name must be on the Ebico Living’s energy bill and you must receive one of the following:
- The Guarantee Credit element of Pension Credit only (not just the State Pension)
- A combination of The Guarantee Credit element and the Savings Credit element of Pension Credit
If you meet the criteria for the Warm Home Discount rebate under the Core Group, you will receive a letter from the Department of Work and Pensions letting you know that you qualify. All eligible customers should receive their letter by December 2021.
If you think you are eligible for the Warm Home Discount but have not received your letter by this date you can contact the DWP Warm Home Discount Scheme helpline on:
Freephone: 0800 731 0214
Monday to Friday, 8am to 6pm. The DWP Helpline opens 18 October 2021
Warm Home Discount
Blue Zone, Ground Floor Phase 1
The Broader Group is for those who don’t receive the Guarantee Credit element of Pension Credit but are on a low income and in receipt of certain benefits. To read more on what the specific criteria is please see the eligibility criteria below:
You must select at least one criteria from BOTH section A and section B to be eligible.
- You receive the Savings Element of Pension Credit only
- You receive Council Tax Reduction (excludes the 25% single person’s discount)
- You receive Income Support
- You receive Income-based or Contribution-based Job Seeker’s Allowance (JSA)
- You receive Income-related or Contribution-based Employment & Support Allowance (ESA)
- You receive Working Tax Credit with a total annual household income of £16,190 or less (before tax and National Insurance)
- You receive Housing Benefit with a total annual household income of £16,190 or less (before tax and National Insurance)
- You receive Child Tax Credit where the award statement shows a total annual household income of £16,190 or less (before tax and National Insurance)
- You receive universal credit, and have an earned income of between zero and £1,349 in at least one of the twelve preceding assessment periods
- Your total annual household income is £16,190 or less (before tax and National Insurance)
- You receive Personal Independence Payments (PIP)
- You receive Disability Living Allowance (DLA), any disability premium (all rates) or disabled child element of Universal Credit
- You receive any Income-related benefit which includes:
- Carer’s Premium and Carer’s Allowance (for someone within the household) OR
- Attendance Allowance (for applicant or their partner) OR
- Industrial Injuries Benefit
- You hold a Maternity Exemption Certificate (MATEX)
- You hold a Medical Exemption Certificate (MEDEX)
- Are exempt from prescription charges (only for customers in England) or holds a HC2 certificate
- You hold a valid war pension NHS exemption certificate and the prescription is for your disability
- You’re aged 62 and over (OR receive any pensioner premium)
- You’re disabled or someone else within the household has a disability
- You have a dependent child under 5 (dependent child who normally resides with the applicant)
- You have a dependent child aged 5 – 16 (dependent child who normally resides with the applicant or under 18 if in full time education (dependent child who normally resides with the applicant)
- You receive the limited capability for work element of Universal Credit
If you believe you qualify, apply for Warm Home Discount here.
Please note that there is a limited amount of total money in the Warm Home Discount Broader Group so it is important that you apply as early as possible.